O’Connor Cooperative School Purpose and Vision
We work together with our community to develop every child to become a successful lifelong learner. We support the development of each child to become a confident and cooperative learner who works towards achieving their full potential.We provide quality education for children from Preschool to Year 2 through best practice using the Early Years Learning Framework and Australian Curriculum.
O’Connor Cooperative School is committed to excellence in early childhood education. As a community of learners, we work together to create sustainable connections between each other and within our environment, developing intellectual, personal, social and environmental responsibility.Together we Learn; Together we Grow as Safe, Respectful Responsible Learners.
(No rank order of importance)
- A thriving school community where staff and families openly work as willing partners
- A safe, inclusive setting where the strengths and needs of all members of our school community are recognised, respected and valued.
- A family-friendly environment where privacy of personal information is respected and safeguarded
- The professionalism of staff as educational leaders committed to play-based best practice in early learning
- A strong focus on a balanced literacy and numeracy program which is Embedded in all aspects of learning and teaching in our school.
- The importance of social, emotional, physical and cognitive development - all the developmental domains.
Our preschool philosophy is created collaboratively between children, parents / carers and staff through a process of reflection and discussion. It captures many of the elements of the preschool program and values that make our preschool community unique.